On 1st September 2009 our school joined the South West Academic Trust. The Trust has now expanded to include Exeter University, Colyton Grammar School, Devon, Torquay Boys' and Torquay Girls' Grammar Schools, Parkstone Grammar School, Poole Grammar School, South Wilts Grammar School in Salisbury, Devonport High School and Plymouth High School for Girls, and Churston Ferrers Grammar in Torbay. Membership of the Trust has already provided exciting new opportunities for pupils and staff and enabled us to develop innovative approaches to teaching and learning for our students.
Teachers meet regularly to share best practice which they can bring back to their own school.
Other events include the meeting of heads of department and 'Learning Walks'. These involve staff and students visiting lessons and becoming immersed in the life of another school for a day to bring new ideas about teaching and learning that we can implement at BSG.
Student activities include public speaking and debating competitions, challenge days, student voice conferences, Art competitions and other cross curricular work. The SWAT website lists all planned activities.
Click on the links to visit the websites of our partners in SWAT.
• Poole Grammar School (PGS)
• Bournemouth School for Girls (BSG)
• Colyton Grammar School (CGS)
• Torquay Boys' Grammar School (TBGS)
• Torquay Girls' Grammar School (TGGS)
• South Wilts Girls' Grammar School (SWGGS)
• Parkstone Grammar School
• Devonport High School for Boys
• Devonport High School for Girls
• Churston Ferrers Grammar School
• Plymouth High School for Girls
• Exeter University
Click here to visit the South West Academic Trust website